POOL CLOSURES DUE TO COVID 19
Update November 2020
On the weekend of 29th May 2021, Swim Ireland announced that they had secured agreement from the Government that swimming lessons could resume in Ireland. As a result of this we will be able to resume most of our classes in Northside swimming pool starting from Tuesday 8th June, 2021. The position on our classes in Clontarf is that CRC is in the process of replacing an Air Handling Unit in the swimming pool. Unfortunately therefore, we can't resume our Clontarf arrangements before Summer break. However this is all very positive news which points toward a return to normality in September.
We continue to deal with CRC and Northside with a view to getting all children back in the water as soon as possible. A bulletin will issue as soon as we have more information.
Update November 2020
While we can expect some easing of restrictions over coming weeks, it is unlikely that there will be sufficient movement to allow us to resume our swimming programmes before Christmas. On the positive side, the outlook in respect of a vaccine seems extremely bright. There are also several people working to highlight the importance of swimming and I have seen at least one online petition aimed at accelerating our return to the water.
Hopefully we can get an early resolution in the new year. Our intention is to resume our various terms at the point where they stopped. Needless to say, we have retained places in our classes for all fee paid, enrolled swimmers.
If there are any further developments, a text message will issue. And of course, despite the circumstances, enjoy the Festive Season.
Carl Geran, 23/11/2020
As of 12th October, 2020 we continue to be in level 3 of Government Covid 19 related restrictions. This means that swimming pools can only open for individual use. Therefore our swimming classes continue to be on hold. We will contact all customers when we have further information.
Following on from the guidelines issued by the government on 12th March, 2020, we stopped all swimming classes with immediate effect. Since then, we have continued to monitor the situation with regard to the resumption of formal swimming instruction. There are many positive indications to suggest that the swimming pool environment doesn't pose any significant risk for our young swimmers. With that in mind, we hope that we can resume all our classes as soon as possible.
The current position is that we won't be in a position to resume our classes in Clontarf at the beginning of September, 2020. We continue to deal with CRC management with a view to establishing when we can return to the water. We will issue a bulletin as soon as we have definitive information.
Some of our classes in Northside swimming pool will resume in September. We hope to restore our full service there when the current environment has settled down.
In the event that there are any additional developments we will contact you immediately. Unfortunately we find ourselves in extraordinary circumstances but we should see some sense of normality restored as our children start to return to school. Consider our current situation a temporary inconvenience. We will be fully operational soon.